Last month, our new active member total reached 240 — 56% of our 2020 goal. This is a result of the many Refer-a-Friend participants who helped spread the word about AOCS membership during our first recruitment period! To show our appreciation, the following recruiters will receive electronic $20 gift cards for doing their part to grow our community. Get involved to earn your own reward — we need recruiters year-round! By encouraging your peers to join the AOCS family, you can earn up to US $100 throughout the entire membership year. When you recruit, just make sure new members list your name on their application.
Active Member Recruiters for the 2020 membership year as of 3/31/2020
- George Smith encouraged his colleague Bhaskar Ramachandran, Technical Lead, Sasol Performance Chemicals, to join.
- Jens V. Frambol, invited his colleague, Mikkel Skovsgaard, Nexus A/S, Denmark, to the Society.
- Nara Ramanathan, Ag Processing Inc. (AGP), encouraged Wesley Blank, Process Engineer at AGP, to become a member.
- Dérick Rousseau, Ryerson University, encouraged Jonathan Andrade, Post Doctoral Fellow at Ryerson University, to join.
- Rod Thomson, Win Chemicals, invited his colleague, Adela Goredema, R & D Lab manager at Win Chemicals, Canada, to become a member.
- Melissa Torres, chemist at Connoils, encouraged fellow chemist Ariele Wzientek, to join.
- Yunshen Chen encouraged Lynn Foster to join.
- Ryan Dietzenbach recommended Doug Reuscher join.
- Steven Hess recommended his colleague at Hersheys, John B. Kremer, to become a member.
- Barry Gursky invited his Oil-Dri co-worker, Chris Dieckmann, to join.
- Janitha Wanasundara influenced Frederic Marsoleais to become a member.
- Luis Espinoza, Project Manager, Technical Services, Ventura Foods, encouraged colleague Jacob Dupre, Food Technologist at Ventura Foods, to join.
- B.J. Bench, Senior Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance at Tyson Foods invited Lili Towa, Laboratory Manager and Senior Application Specialist at Alpha MOS to become a member.
- Lingyun Chen, Associate Professor at the University of Alberta, encouraged Yixiang Wang, Assistant Professor at McGill University to join.
Who will earn rewards next quarter? Think of a colleague or research collaborator who would benefit from AOCS membership and do your part to help our Society grow!
Our newest members, found on this list, include nearly 20 individuals from five countries.
Some highlights include:
- Two student members from Dalhousie University, Canada and two new students from Universidad Autónoma De San Luis Potosí, Mexico joined the AOCS community.
- We welcomed a new Bronze Corporate member: Pennakem Europa, France, and its’ member representative, Laurence Jacques.
- Individuals from BELCORP, Colombia and Fides Control, Brazil joined from Latin American countries.
- The chief operating officer from the Food Development Centre in Canada also became a member.
- Individuals from US-based companies including Oxiteno, Hanna Instruments, Exalt, Vorteva, Burt’s Bees, Bunge, and Imerys all joined the Society.
Let’s continue to expand and strengthen our community! During these uncertain times, we need to stick together more than ever. Learn more about how you can get involved through the new AOCS Refer-a-Friend program.
Have any questions or want to reach out to a new member? Say “Hi!” and start a discussion on inform|connect.
Other questions? Please contact Janet Brown, Director of Membership, firstname.lastname@example.org