Botanic Innovations: Job Description
The Senior Scientist position is accountable for defining and documenting our supportive science and product technology. This role will also lead the formulation development process internally and in support of our Customer's needs. The role will support and initiate growth strategies across our product and ingredient portfolio, to build, evolve and deliver innovative offerings and go-to-market products. The role will collaborate across the company, reporting to the COO and Chief Science Officer as a member of the senior management team.
Position Primary Objectives:
- Oversee the scientific functions for Botanic Innovations, including basic and applied research.
- Develop innovative and differentiated new products, including blends.
- Identify and apply industry trends and technological advances.
- Lead the formulation process internally, and in collaboration with Botanic Innovations' customers.
- Bring forward fact-based recommendations to set the product development priorities and pipeline.
- Manage the product portfolio and drive the processes for prioritization, development, claims support and launch.
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing and operations teams to develop products that are executable and support our planned growth strategy, (including the product, supporting science and data, purpose/differentiation) that creates a high revenue branded, or co-branded sustainable growth business.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree (Sciences Degrees minimum), MS preferred
- 7+ years of experience in relevant roles and industries
- Translates consumer and competitive data/insights into product solutions for customers
- Deliver innovative products and presentations to earn business from current and prospective customers
- Business plan development
- Product development: concept ideation to launch
- Product P&L management
- Project management
- Product & marketing claims: trials, testing, quality assurance and regulatory compliance
- Partnership development
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes:
- Integrity, ethics, humility & honesty
- Thinks customer, and delivers
- Servant leader
- Accountable, results driven
- Fact-based data drive decision making
- Strong business judgement, cost management and financial acumen
- Self-starter that thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, independent and distributed work-environment
- Anticipates and prepares, including a real-time pulse on industry trends and the competitive landscape
- Collaborative, highly effective at integrated product development and go to market execution
- Excellent written and oral communication: vision, objectives, rationale, actions & deadline achievement
About Botanic Innovations
Botanic Innovations is a manufacturer/producer in natural (botanical) ingredients in several exciting business categories in a global marketplace, including human nutrition and food products and personal care/beauty applications. Our primary business employs the NatureFRESH Cold Press Process to produce specialty fruit, vegetable, and herb seed oils and nutri-powders.