Nominate a colleague or yourself and have a voice in the future of your Division. Each Division is governed by an elected, three-person Executive Steering Committee:
The term of office is one year; however, a member may serve in an officer position for three consecutive terms.
What does each member of the committee do?
- Appoints Division members to do the following:
- Oversee the Division awards program
- Serve as newsletter editor
- Oversee other Division activities, as needed
- Reports on the status of awards and newsletter activities to the Division's Executive Steering Committee
- Represents the Division and its interests at Division Council meetings
- Chairs the Division's technical programming committee; appoints Division members to assist in program development
- Serves on the AOCS Program Committee
- Reports pertinent details concerning the upcoming AOCS Annual Meeting technical program to the Division's Executive Steering Committee
- Assumes duties of Chairperson when necessary
- Takes minutes of Division's Executive Steering Committee meetings
- Reviews Division financials with AOCS staff and reports activities to the Division's Executive Committee
- Appoints a Division member to oversee networking events
- Submits a written report in July that summarizes the activities of the previous year, in consultation with the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson
- Prepares a budget reflecting the Division's future program plans with income and expense projections with the written report
Submit the names of potential candidates by Friday, January 31. Self-nominations are welcome and encouraged! Ballots will be sent to Division members in mid-February.