The AOCS Best Paper Awards recognize outstanding articles published each year in a variety of fields.
- American Cleaning Institute (ACI) Distinguished Paper Award
- Takako Igarashi, et al. “Elucidation
of Softening Mechanism in Rinse-Cycle Fabric Softeners. Part 2: Uneven
Adsorption—The Key Phenomenon to the Effect of Fabric Softeners.” JSD 19:759-773.
- Takako Igarashi, et al. “Elucidation of Softening Mechanism in Rinse-Cycle Fabric Softeners. Part 2: Uneven Adsorption—The Key Phenomenon to the Effect of Fabric Softeners.” JSD 19:759-773.
- Archer Daniels Midland Award for Best Papers in Protein and Co-Products
- Chemistry/Nutrition: Jason R. Croat, et al. “Conversion of Canola Meal into a High- Protein Feed Additive via Solid- State Fungal Incubation Process.” JAOCS 93:499-507.
- Engineering/Technology: Lu- Kwang Ju, “Optimization of Enzymatic Process Condition for Protein Enrichment, Sugar Recovery and Digestibility Improvement of Soy Flour.” JAOCS 93:1063-1073.
- Edwin Frankel Award for Best Paper in Lipid Oxidation and Quality
- Atsushi Takahashi, et al. “Kinetic Analysis of Co-oxidation of Biomembrane Lipids Induced by Water-Soluble Radicals.” JAOCS 93:803-811.
Inside INFORM magazine: Restoring brain energy
In Alzheimer’s disease (AD), the brain’s uptake of its primary fuel—glucose—deteriorates, but in mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease, the brain’s uptake of its alternative fuel—ketones—remains normal. Read this article in the latest issue of INFORM that describes how scientists are trying to delay cognitive decline in AD by restoring the brain’s energy supply with medium-chain triglycerides.
View the full June issue online >>
Resources added to the AOCS premium content library
In the past month AOCS Annual Meeting presentations, book chapters, journal articles, and more have been added to the AOCS Premium Content Library on inform|connect. Some of our most popular topics have included processing contaminants, omega-6 fatty acids and inflammation, lipid oxidation, and the basics of fats and oils technology.
The premium content library is free to AOCS members but available to non-members by subscription.
Join AOCS today for exclusive and unlimited access to these valuable resources.
Latin American Congress: Endless reasons to register
The 17th AOCS Latin American Congress and Exhibition on Fats, Oils, and Lipids is headed to Cancun, Mexico, September 11–14, 2017! There are many reasons to secure your spot today:
- 12 hours of dedicated networking time
- 25 suppliers of equipment and services at the exhibition
- 90 speakers covering crucial topics
- 70+ poster presentations 2 Short Courses on processing and refining
Register by July 1 and save up to US $ 200!