The AOCS Lipid Library is one of the leading online sources of information related to lipid science and technology today. This Open Access site, averaging nearly 300,000 visitors each year, is intended for students, technologists, scientists, and laypersons who want to learn more about lipid chemistry and technology, but in a less-technical, abbreviated format that is easy to read and understand.
The Editor-in-Chief sets the overall direction of the Lipid Library and works closely with an editorial
board to identify new topics, potential authors, and works to keep the site up-to-date with the latest
technical information. Topics of interest include biochemistry, chemistry, processing, and
biotechnology. The EIC, in conjunction with associate editors, solicits new articles, assists in editing,
and helps oversee and maintain quality standards. The site is managed and supported by AOCS.
Currently, Lipid Library is overseen by two EICs, and these EICs will provide training and support for the
next leader(s) for a short period of time, if desired.
For consideration, please send an email to AOCS Director of Content Development, Janet Brown
(email@example.com), with a letter of intent that includes your interest in and vision for the
position, by September 15, 2016. If you have questions about the work, please reach out to the current EICs, John Harwood and Randall Weselake. This is a volunteer position and regular attendance at the AOCS
Annual Meeting is strongly recommended. Thank you for your consideration!
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Friday, August 5, 2016
Through September 30, 2016, the ten top-cited Journal of Surfactants and Detergents (JSD) articles from 2015 are available for a free download. Thank you to the JSD editorial team and congratulations to the authors of these papers.
- Evaluation of Some Nonionic Surfactants Derived From Vanillin as Corrosion Inhibitors for Carbon Steel During Drilling Processes, Negm, Nabel A; Tawfik, Salah M.; Badr, Emad A; Abdou, Mahmoud I; Ghuiba, Ferial M.
- Interaction of Myoglobin with Cationic Gemini Surfactants in Phosphate Buffer at pH 7.4 , Mondal, Satyajit; Das, Sibani; Ghosh, Soumen
- Evaluation of Some Nonionic Surfactants Derived from Tannic Acid as Additives for Water-Based Mud, Negm, Nabel A.; Tawfik, Salah M.; Abdou, Mahmoud I.; Badr, Emad A.; Ghuiba, Ferial M.
- Synthesis, Structure Characterization and Biological Activity of Co (II), Cu (II), and Zn (II) Complexes with(Z)-3-((3-hydroxybenzylidene)amino)pyridin-1-ium4-(dodecan-4-yl)benzenesulfonate Surfactant, Tawfik, Salah M.; Zaky, Mohamad F.
- Salt-Free Aqueous Extraction of a Cell-Bound Biosurfactant:A Kinetic Study,Vecino, Xanel; Bustos, Guadalupe; Devesa-Rey, Rosa; Manuel Cruz, Jose; Belen Moldes, Ana
- Investigation of Micellization and Vesiculation of Conjugated Linoleic Acid by Means of Self-Assembling and Self-Crosslinking, Fan, Ye; Fang, Yun; Ma, Lin; Jiang, Hang
- Constructing Gemini-Like Surfactants with Single-Chain Surfactant and Dicarboxylic Acid Sodium Salts, Tang, Yongqiang; Wang, Ruijuan; Wang, Yilin
- Synthesis of Succinic Gemini Surfactants and the Effect of Stereochemistry on Their Monolayer Behaviors, Kawase, Tokuzo; Kagawa-Ohara, Maiko; Aisaka, Tsunetomo; Oida, Tatsuo
- Corrosion Inhibition and Adsorption Behavior of Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate on L80 Carbon Steel in Acetic Acid Solution and Its Synergism with Ethanol, Deyab, Mohamed Abdel Moneim
- Interaction Study of Anionic Surfactant with Aqueous Non-Ionic Polymers from Conductivity, Density and Speed of Sound Measurements, Chauhan, Suvarcha; Singh, Ram; Sharma, Kundan; Kumar, Kuldeep